A podiatrist is known to have a bad reputation when it comes to their ‘hospitality’, but there is a reason for that. They are doctors for our feet, and that is the body part most people find disguising to touch after a long day. Well, you also need a good podiatrist who knows what he/she is doing, and because of that, you should contact the Sydney podiatry like ModPod Podiatry.
There are some things you need to do before you go to your podiatrist to make his and your time way more comfortable. Foot doctors will get really close to your feet, and it is not their job to tell you how to keep your feet clean and that you should not come after sweating the whole day and not wash your feet; that is considered quite disrespectful towards your foot doctor.
What to do before going to your podiatrist?
- You need to make a list of the symptoms if you are unable to remember them on your own. In addition, make sure you have all the questions you want to ask in mind or written down for your podiatrist.
Make a list before you visit your podiatrist
- You should already know all of the medications you are taking, but in case you are taking a lot, you should write them down and give them to your podiatrist., together with any surgeries you might have had.
- Bring all the important medical records of your own, together with X-rays, MRIs and lab results from other hospitals or doctors, especially the ones that revolve around your feet. This will help your podiatrist a lot.
- Check with your insurance company if you need to be referred to a podiatrist for them to cover the cost. If you need any suggestions for a good podiatry clinic with great foot doctors, you need to check out the best podiatrist Sydney like ModPod Podiatry.
- If you exercise and walk a lot, you should bring the shoes you wear with you, so the podiatrist can see if the problem you have is related to your footwear. Surprisingly, this is the usual reason why people have problems with their feet.
- Have proper feet hygiene should be on top of the list and also very obvious. Do not come to your podiatrist with dirty and smelly feet. Of course, there are some conditions that cause feet odor, and that should be handled.
You do not have to shave your legs
Things you do not have to do before a visit:
– Shave your legs; your podiatrist will really not care if your legs are shaved or not.
– Get a pedicure; your podiatrist is here to help you and not judge if your feet look aesthetically pleasing.
– Pain your nails; this applies mostly to people who have a fungus or any disorder on their toenails or toes. You should not try to cover that up for the podiatrist.
– Cut your nails; this applies to both genders since your podiatrist might have to cut some toenails and send them to the lab for the results. It’s good to cut them, but always leave a small portion your podiatrist can take.
These are some things you need to keep in mind before your visit because they will make everything much easier to handle. The podiatrist is not here to judge how your feet look but you should still be aware of personal hygiene when it comes to a podiatrist visit because nobody wants to touch dirty feet when they can be clean.